Friday, July 23, 2010

Cinezilla showed his, so I'll will show mine...


... and I think mine is a bit bigger.

Mr J at Cinezilla took a photo of his newly found Godzilla-figure, and I felt I had to do something similar too. This Godzilla was a gift from a psychotic ex-bf, and the only thing I saved from that disastrous relationship (at the time I also tattooed Godzilla's head on my shoulder).

Why would grown men want to have plastic toys? Well, it's not just a toy. It's Godzilla, the greatest monster on earth. Some people have a complicated and expensive stereo system, some like to show off their strenght in sports. Some, like us, gain power from plastic toys of Japanese monsters. Like an amulet. A religious icon, not far from the wall ornaments in strict catholic homes.

The only difference between us and all these people, is that we're cool. Cool as hell.

7 comments:

CiNEZiLLA said...

LOLZ! Yeah yours is bigger! But you know that it's not the size of your Godzilla, it's how you use it. And you hit it right on when you talk of icons and amulets. It's pop culture extraordinäire and I Love it. Hell even My three year old knows WHO Godzilla is - even though he prefers Mothra. :)

Ninja Dixon said...

I can stand Mothra as a larva, but when she/he becomes the moth... and the twins! I hate the twins!

But Godzilla is the best, the coolest - and I think that's also because Godzilla has such a stylish, simple look (just like Gamera). It's nothing fancy, just pure power!

CiNEZiLLA said...

we love the twins... Peanuts, or "the samers" (sammingarna) as the smallest son calls them, and there damned Mothra Song. yep that one gets sung a lot on the floor of my kids room... :)

Thomas Duke said...

I have a giant Baby Godzilla piggy bank. When it was about 60% full, I took it to get it changed out, and cashed out at about $500 (U.S.). I'm sure I looked like a weirdo holding a huge Godzilla doll over a counting machine at the bank for like half an hour.

Ninja Dixon said...

No, you didn't look like a weirdo - you looked like hero! I also want one of those!

Thomas Duke said...

I guess it's pretty rare. Here's one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Godzilla-Figure-Big-Coin-Bank-/270606662134?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0169f9f6

Actually, it's regular Godzilla and not baby Godzilla. I got it mixed up with another figure I have. The bank that's half the size is a lot more common.

Richard of DM said...

Nice paintbrush!