Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ninja Terminator (1985)

How do you review a movie like Ninja Terminator? The answer is not at all. Instead I'll give you these three screenshots which says it all. Brilliance, nothing less than brilliance.




But I have to ad that it's extremely entertaining, even more than you ever could the imagine. The fights are fun and with a lot of acrobatics, and the South Korean/Hong Kong co-production they used for the other half of the movie as some great fighting and seem like a good little martial arts movie in it's own right. But of course, what would Ninja Terminator be without Richard Harrison walking around aimlessly in a colorless apartment just waiting for his stand-in to show up, run out to the nearest park and do some smokin' Ninja-fighting?

8 comments:

Alex B. said...

Jaguar Wong rules!

Ninja Dixon said...

Yeah, this Jaguar-guy rules! According to the IMDB his name is Jack Lam, but I have no idea if that's correct. Anyway, he can fight really good!

Jack J said...

I'm sure all the right info is on Jesus Manuel's blog. He's made it into his life work to solve the mystery of all these cut & paste movies. I have the highest respect for him. I would probably go crazy if I watched more than 5 of these in a row.

Jesus Manuel said...

Ninja Terminator was just a re-edition of a korean movie titled THE UNINVITED GUEST OF THE STAR FERRY directed in 1984 by Kim Si-hyun.
Other many movies from this director were bought by Joseph Lai & re-released adding new fotage directed by Godfrey Ho, Philip Ko & other directors from IFD.

Fred Anderson said...

Oh yeah, I'm very aware of that :) I love these cut & paste flicks from IFD :D But I didn't know the name of the korean movie, thanks! :D

You have a fantastic blog by the way, one of my favorites!

Jesus Manuel said...

Thanks for your nice words about my blog. Much appreciated!!!

Here you have a link to the KMDB that includes the real technician information about the source movie used for Ninja Terminator.

http://www.kmdb.or.kr/eng/md_basic.asp?nation=K&p_dataid=03773

Ninja Dixon said...

My pleasure! I now added you to my links and updates here, I totally forgot that :)

I once asked you if you knew which monster movie they used footage from in Thunder of Gigantic Serpent, but you didn't know then. Any more info on that?

Jesus Manuel said...

no sorry...but as soon as I get a clue, I will let you know.